Audience: The program is tailored to IACUC staff, IACUC members, IOs, veterinarians, investigators, compliance personnel, animal care staff, and others involved in animal programs.
- Patricia Brown, VMD, MS, Director, Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare, NIH
- Elizabeth Theodorson, DVM, MPH, Assistant Deputy Administrator, USDA APHIS Animal Care
Topic: This webinar focuses on OLAW and USDA progress on initiatives outlined in the 21st Century Cures Act report. Specifically, agency representatives discuss action items released in 2021.
OLAW discusses updated guidance on:
- using the AAALAC International program description in the OLAW Domestic Assurance,
- flexibilities for conducting semiannual animal facility inspections, and
- responsibilities for conducting grant- and contract-to protocol congruence review.
OLAW also discusses recently released requests for information (RFIs) on zebrafish and departures from the Guide.
Both speakers also answer questions on these initiatives from attendees.