The Public Health Service (PHS) Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals (Policy), section IV.F.1.,2., and 4., requires that at least once every 12 months the IACUC, through the Institutional Official (IO), must report to OLAW.
Information to be reported includes:
- Any change in the institution’s accreditation status
- Any change in the institution’s program of animal care and use or facilities
- Any change in the IO
- Any changes in the IACUC membership
- The dates that the IACUC conducted its semiannual evaluations of the program and facilities
- Any minority views filed by members of the IACUC
We have developed this sample document to help you complete your annual report. Additional information and instructions are provided in brackets [like this].
The reporting period is the calendar year (January 1-December 31). If you are currently on a different 12-month reporting period, you will be transitioned to a calendar year reporting period on your next Assurance renewal.
Your annual report is due the last day of the month following the end of the reporting period. So for the calendar year reporting period ending on December 31, you must submit an annual report by January 31.
January 1 - December 31
E-mail the signed annual report in PDF format to email@example.com by January 31 (but not before December 31).
If you wish to use the sample annual report as a template, click below to download.
MS Word (106 KB)
Contact the Division of Assurances by phone at 301-496-7163 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.